Software localization is the process of adapting software to the culture of a definite country. In particular, user interface, documentation and related software files from one language to another translation. Either foreign production for domestic sales or domestic software for sale in other countries undergo localization.
Levels of Localization
In the process of localization translators, editors, proofreaders, and programmers are involved. Thus, localization is a complex and comprehensive operation, and even on the stage of software development the internationalization of future considerations must be taken into account very seriously.
- Language and national standards support which is a bare minimum, so a program can perform its functions in another country
- Technical translation of the texts of a program interface and supporting documentation to the target language
- Fine-tuning of software for the target language (the size of the localized interface elements, text wrapping, etc.)
Range of Services
- Translation of program interface
- Translation of help, documentation
- Translation of files
- Adaptation of software to the country’s norms and standards
- Assembly and testing
Localization of the powerful DWG/DXF-native 2D/3D CAD software ProgeCAD, built for professional drafting, AEC, MCAD
Localization of CAE system Primtech for usage with a primary technology for the design, construction and documentation
Localization of the software for electrical control system design Promis.e
ProgeSoft Company expresses gratitude to Rubius Company for the localization of ProgeCAD product and its adaptation for Russian-speaking users. The expertise of Rubius Company in the development of engineering software helped to provide us with accurate translation, taking into account all the peculiarities of technical terminology.Damiano Croci