AR-platform for repair and maintenance of CNC machines
Rubius, in association with STAN, presented to Mikhail Mishustin, the Prime Minister of Russia, an AR-platform for the repair and maintenance of CNC machines
Rubius and STAN have developed an AR platform for the repair and maintenance of CNC machines and presented it to Russia’s Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin in Moscow.
The platform combines features of a remote assistant, AR guides, and a training simulator for young specialists. Here’s what it does:
– visualizes a 3D model of the machine and its structure
– displays sensor data and failure notifications in real time
– shows which component needs checking and highlights it on the machine’s 3D model
– displays step-by-step repair and maintenance guides
– allows communicating remotely with a repair expert and broadcasts the image from the AR device to the expert’s computer
– displays virtual hints
– displays information on several AR glasses at the same time for joint work of several specialists
The platform is easy to set up and supports the whole equipment range of STAN, which produces more than 50% of all machinery in Russia.
With remote maintenance held via the AR platform, companies no longer have to bring tech experts on site, and therefore can save from $1,500 to $15,000. Thanks to the platform, employees don’t need massive manuals anymore. All necessary information is right before their eyes, in AR.